Related Case Studies
Transportation and logistic costs and challenges are driving the indoor agriculture industry. Consumers focus on locally-cultivated produce is further driving the expansion of greenhouses, vertical grow facilities, and other agriculture-related construction. The C3 Engineered Wall System™ is a perfect solution for the challenges of this budding and high-growth industry.
The team at MgO Systems has the experience working with agriculture professionals to deliver facilities that are perfectly suited to address the challenges of high moisture, temperature controlled, and pristine air quality environments. Ask any farmer…consistency and quality are key. Our C3 Engineered Wall System is impervious to water, mold, and mildew, resulting in superior air quality and an environment to grow superior crops to help feed a growing population.
Combined with the financial benefits of a reduced construction schedule and the elimination of toxic traditional building materials, the benefits of building agriculture facilities with the C3 Engineered Wall System are compelling.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is MgO cement well understood?
- Perhaps, surprisingly so. Magnesium-based cements have been in use for hundreds of years — including the construction of the Great Wall of China — and various formulations have been discovered and developed throughout that time. In the last few decades, renewed interest because of its “greener” nature have resulted in a significant generation of research and literature.
- What applications do you foresee for MgO cement?
- Magnesium Oxide cement is a low-carbon intensity alternative to standard Portland cement, and could potentially lower man-made CO2 generation significantly in most cement-based industries.
- What new R&D work have you incorporated into your products?
- While most manufacturers of panelized wall systems supply only OSB-faced panels with wood interior studs, we have developed a non-combustible system that begins with the highest quality materials available. The system is then engineered to suit the requirements of each project, with panels pre-cut at the factory according to shop drawings that are specially prepared for each project. We also incorporate a specially designed quality control program to maintain uniformly positive results.
- What new developments are you now working on?
- To maintain our “trade secrets”, we don’t normally divulge the nature of the research and development projects. We can say, however, that we are developing even better ways to build, especially as it relates to speed, safety, health, sustainability, and economy.
- What does your company do?
- We provide what we know is the best solution to the need for speed, economy, durability, safety, sustainability, and efficiency in creating buildings. We do that by providing a robust, panelized system that is engineered to the needs of the project for optimal economy and efficiency. While our C3 Engineered Wall System™ might not be the best choice in every project, our system is highly suitable for most types of buildings and occupancies.