Reports To Vice President, Canadian Operations
MgO Systems Ltd., a rapidly growing company, is looking for a Production Manager to help oversee the commissioning of a new manufacturing facility for its proprietary C3 Fireboard used in the construction of its C3 Engineered Wall System. This facility will be a pilot plant used to evaluate and manufacture MgO’s proprietary magnesium oxide-based products and will serve as a staging plant for expanded commercialization in the future.
Working closely with other team members, including the Director of R&D and CEO, this person will contribute to the design layout and initial set up of the pilot plant in our new Calgary facility. The successful candidate will also help oversee the future expansion and work closely with our Plant Manager and existing C3 Engineered Wall System manufacturing team at our current manufacturing facility located in South East Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and pre-stage components such as rollers, storage units, curing equipment, mixers, etc.
- Responsible for accurate and safe set up machines, molds and ancillary equipment to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Assist in the installation, set up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Analyze and monitor workflow and procedures and recommend efficiency initiatives and strives for continuous improvement of all equipment, systems and procedures throughout the facility
- Ensures all equipment operates as per health and safety requirements/government/equipment specifications.
- Complete all required paperwork to ensure efficient tracking and documentation requirements are achieved.
- Evaluate and report problems with respect to equipment and tooling (troubleshoot).
- Will help establish various company procedures and standards.
- Contribute to the recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training of manufacturing team members.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The successful candidate will be extremely outgoing and be able to work in a fast paced, rapid growth environment. A constant focus on client service and collaboration is a must for all MgO Systems team members.
Strong interpersonal skills.
High degree of mechanical aptitude, highly focused and driven to learn.
Strong attention to detail and pride in quality work.
Mechanical engineering and/or technical background with a related degree or diploma a plus.
Strong manufacturing and production experience.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Strong computer skills
Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices and willingness to learn.
MgO Systems Ltd. (“MGO”) develops and manufactures technologically advanced building solutions for commercial, residential, education, hospitality and healthcare construction. Our proprietary building technologies provide our clients with a superior fire rating, water resistance, insulation value and acoustic performance, all with a pre-fabricated solution that is cost effective.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, MgO Systems is expanding rapidly throughout North America. This position will be located in Calgary.
For further information visit www.mgosystems.com
Commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to: [email protected]