Production Engineer – Indio, California
Reports To Vice President, US Operations
MgO Systems Ltd., a rapidly growing company, is looking for a Production Engineer to help oversee the commissioning of a new manufacturing facility for its proprietary C3 Engineered Wall System. This facility will be used to manufacture MgO’s proprietary magnesium oxide-based products.
Working closely with other team members, including the CEO, this person will contribute to the design layout and initial set up of the plant in our new Indio, California facility. The successful candidate will also help oversee the future expansion and work closely with our Canadian Plant Manager and existing C3 Engineered Wall System manufacturing team at our current manufacturing facility located in South East Alberta, Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare components such as rollers, storage units, curing equipment, mixers, etc.
- Responsible for accurate and safe set up machines, molds and ancillary equipment to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Assist in the installation, set up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Analyze and monitor workflow and procedures and recommend efficiency initiatives and strives for continuous improvement of all equipment, systems and procedures throughout the facility
- Ensures all equipment operates as per health and safety requirements/government/equipment specifications.
- Complete all required paperwork to ensure efficient tracking and documentation requirements are achieved.
- Evaluate and report problems with respect to equipment and tooling (troubleshoot).
- Will help establish various company procedures and standards.
- Contribute to the recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training of manufacturing team members.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The successful candidate will be extremely outgoing and be able to work in a fast paced, rapid growth environment. A constant focus on client service and collaboration is a must for all MgO Systems team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, highly focused and driven to learn.
- Strong attention to detail and pride in quality work.
- Mechanical engineering and/or technical background with a related degree or diploma a plus.
- Strong manufacturing and production experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices and willingness to learn.
MgO Systems Ltd. (“MGO”) develops and manufactures technologically advanced building solutions for commercial, residential, education, hospitality and healthcare construction. Our proprietary building technologies provide our clients with a superior fire rating, water resistance, insulation value and acoustic performance, all with a pre-fabricated solution that is cost effective.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, MgO Systems is expanding rapidly throughout North America. This position will be located in Indio, California.