Reports To: Production Manager & CEO
MgO Systems Ltd., a rapidly growing company, is currently looking for a full-time Industrial Apprentice Electrician or recently qualified Journeyman Electrician to join our team. The candidate must possess a full range of knowledge to install, connect, test and maintain electrical systems for a variety of industrial projects. The successful candidate will help oversee the commissioning of a new manufacturing facility for its proprietary C3 Engineered Wall System. This facility will be a pilot plant used to evaluate and manufacture MgO’s proprietary magnesium oxide based products and will serve as a staging plant for expanded commercialization in the future.
Working closely with other team members, including the Director of R&D and CEO, this person will contribute to the design layout and initial set up of the pilot plant in our new Calgary facility. The successful candidate will also help oversee our future expansion and work closely with our Production Manager and existing C3 Engineered Wall System manufacturing team at our current manufacturing facility located in South East Alberta and our recently opened facility in Indio, California.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work closely with our Design and R&D teams to assess electrical components and integration for our growing list of clients in Canada and the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications.
- Plan layout and illustration of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications.
- Install, alter, repair and maintain various electrical systems and related equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and to ensure compliance with Code.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- QA/QC documentation.
- Ensures all equipment operates as per health and safety requirements/government/equipment specifications.
- Evaluates and reports problems with respect to equipment and tooling (troubleshoot).
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety procedures are followed and that these procedures conform with Health and Safety standards as set out by Alberta Safety Codes Council and other governing bodies, as may be appropriate.
- Contribute to the recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training of manufacturing team members.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The successful candidate will be extremely outgoing and be able to work in a fast paced, rapid growth environment. A constant focus on client service and collaboration is a must for all MgO Systems team members.
- Registered with apprenticeship board in the electrical trade (4th year) or certified journeyman electrician in Alberta
- Experience working in a construction or industrial environment
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel
- Safety tickets an asset (i.e. CSTS, First Aid, H2S Alive, Fall Arrest, etc.)
- Must have a knowledge of and ability to interpret the Canadian Electric Code
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
MgO Systems Ltd. (“MGO”) develops and manufactures technologically advanced building solutions for commercial, residential, education, hospitality and healthcare construction. Our proprietary building technologies provide our clients with a superior fire rating, water resistance, insulation value and acoustic performance, all with a pre-fabricated solution that is cost effective.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, MgO Systems is expanding rapidly throughout North America. This position will be located in Calgary.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to [email protected]
Re: Industrial Electrician